Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from birth

Post Reply
User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from birth

Post by kramer » Mon May 27, 2013 9:39 am

This must wet the dreams of liberals...:
Stuart Walton: Care plan sees dystopian future arriving early

...last week the Scottish Government’s plan to give every child a state guardian from birth was launched. This state-appointed overseer will be a specific, named individual, and every child will have one, from birth. The responsibility for creating this named guardian will fall on the heads of the health boards for the first five years of a child’s life, before being transferred to councils. Perhaps the most worrying aspect of this development is that it clearly comes in large part as a mechanism to target and prevent child abuse.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/stuart-wal ... -1-2922270
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18165
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by Fordama » Mon May 27, 2013 10:31 am

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/S4_Bi ... rod-en.pdf

For those who would rather not just run around scared.

Fordama
Last edited by Fordama on Mon May 27, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by kramer » Mon May 27, 2013 11:20 am

Fordama wrote:http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/S4_Bi ... rod-en.pdf

For those who would rather not just run around scared.

Fordama
If you read the above (broken) link and saw something in it that would support what you wrote above, why didn't you post it here for us to read? It takes a few seconds to copy and past text.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18165
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by Fordama » Mon May 27, 2013 11:27 am

There. Fixed the link for you. Now you don't have to take the words of others, you can actually form your own opinion. Of course you might be disappointed that most of the representative's issues has to do with children who have already been placed in foster care situations or have had abusive family situations, not run-of-the-mill every day family life.

In other words, unlike us, they won't be passing kids off and around to multiple agencies.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by kramer » Tue May 28, 2013 5:01 am

Fordama wrote:There. Fixed the link for you. Now you don't have to take the words of others, you can actually form your own opinion. Of course you might be disappointed that most of the representative's issues has to do with children who have already been placed in foster care situations or have had abusive family situations, not run-of-the-mill every day family life.

In other words, unlike us, they won't be passing kids off and around to multiple agencies.

Fordama
You were able to scan this 82 page bill that has many references to other sections in it in a time period of up to 52 minutes and discern that it applies mainly to kids in foster care?

That is nothing short of amazing.

What makes your feat even more amazing is that the article was written by a sociology and criminology lecturer at the University of Abertay Dundee who you'd think would have saw what you did and not have interpreted this bill incorrectly.

I just have one question. Why didn't you post the actual text from the document that backs up your claim? It only takes a few seconds. Do you not now how to copy and paste text from a website? If so, clicking this link will help you.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18165
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by Fordama » Tue May 28, 2013 5:29 am

kramer wrote:
You were able to scan this 82 page bill that has many references to other sections in it in a time period of up to 52 minutes and discern that it applies mainly to kids in foster care?

That is nothing short of amazing.
I have read a lot of the California Ed. Code. That one bill is like a blurb in People Magazine in comparison. Plus it was almost two hours until I commented on the bill because it took me a while to get through it. The only thing that tough is that they use different phrases for things. "Kinship care assistance" and "corporate parents" were two examples. Phrases about kids who do not live with their actual parents abound in the document. In addition, almost all talk of intervention involves kids who have experienced abuse or neglect.

I like the idea of someone who sticks up for kids who have been abused or neglected.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by kramer » Tue May 28, 2013 5:55 am

kramer wrote:
You were able to scan this 82 page bill that has many references to other sections in it in a time period of up to 52 minutes and discern that it applies mainly to kids in foster care?

That is nothing short of amazing.
Fordama wrote:I have read a lot of the California Ed. Code. That one bill is like a blurb in People Magazine in comparison. Plus it was almost two hours until I commented on the bill because it took me a while to get through it.
Almost "two hours?"

Then how come my OP and your post which is the first reply differ by about 52 minutes:
by kramer » Mon May 27, 2013 10:39 am
by Fordama » Mon May 27, 2013 11:31 am


Fordama wrote: The only thing that tough is that they use different phrases for things. "Kinship care assistance" and "corporate parents" were two examples. Phrases about kids who do not live with their actual parents abound in the document. In addition, almost all talk of intervention involves kids who have experienced abuse or neglect.
But not tough enough for you to figure out that they meant foster care? You're simply amazing and you've shown the sociology professor at that college that he is a dufus. And to add icing to your cake, The UK Telegraph also has got it wrong.

Pretty good Fordama, you've slain two dufuses in just under 52--opps, just under two hours. You should be proud of the fruits of your quest for truth and credibility.

Image
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18165
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by Fordama » Tue May 28, 2013 6:18 am

kramer wrote: Then how come my OP and your post which is the first reply differ by about 52 minutes:
by kramer » Mon May 27, 2013 10:39 am
by Fordama » Mon May 27, 2013 11:31 am
And my comment was what at that time?

Read the bill instead of having someone tell you what to think. It might be new to you, but it would be a helpful skill for you to develop.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by kramer » Tue May 28, 2013 1:24 pm

kramer wrote: Then how come my OP and your post which is the first reply differ by about 52 minutes:
by kramer » Mon May 27, 2013 10:39 am
by Fordama » Mon May 27, 2013 11:31 am
Fordama wrote:And my comment was what at that time?
Fordama, Mon May 27, 2013 11:31 am wrote:"For those who would rather not just run around scared."
Which implies you've read the document and found information in their that was contrary to what the link said.

I doubt you've read the PDF and in sounds to me like your caught in a lie or two.
Fordama wrote:Read the bill
No. You post the text from it that supports your claim. You've already found it so go back and find it again, copy it, and paste it here for us to see.
Fordama wrote: instead of having someone tell you what to think. It might be new to you, but it would be a helpful skill for you to develop.
What are they telling me to think? All the article is doing is reporting on what's in a bill.


Wabash was right. You are a liberal. Why? Because unless you can produce the text from the document that backs up what you claim, the only conclusion one can make is that you are lying, just like a liberal.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18165
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by Fordama » Tue May 28, 2013 1:32 pm

kramer wrote:



Which implies you've read the document and found information in their that was contrary to what the link said. .
Maybe to you, but what it means to the English speaking world is that people should read the actual bill first.

Then try to understand it. Despite the different nomenclature, it's actually much easier to read than American laws. Also remember, "public" schools and agencies there are usually called "private" schools and agencies here.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by kramer » Tue May 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Fordama wrote: Maybe to you, but what it means to the English speaking world is that people should read the actual bill first.

Then try to understand it. Despite the different nomenclature, it's actually much easier to read than American laws. Also remember, "public" schools and agencies there are usually called "private" schools and agencies here.

Fordama
Again, post what you found in that document that is contrary to the link I based this thread on. If you can't do it, then you are looking like you are full of merde and I don't want fellow posters on this board to think that if it isn't true.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Troglodyte
Posts: 16607
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by Troglodyte » Tue May 28, 2013 7:05 pm

(Pssst) Don't tell Kramer, but the US has already done that. When every child is given a SSN at birth, and Big Momma is appointed their guardian and overseer for life..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18165
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by Fordama » Wed May 29, 2013 1:13 pm

kramer wrote:
Again, post what you found in that document that is contrary to the link I based this thread on.
I understand that you have let someone else decide what you should think about this bill. I get that. I just suggested to anyone else that they go ahead and think for themselves.

It can be an invigorating exercise.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by kramer » Wed May 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Fordama wrote: I understand that you have let someone else decide what you should think about this bill. I get that. I just suggested to anyone else that they go ahead and think for themselves.

It can be an invigorating exercise.

Fordama
I understand you have to resort to lying to save your face. You did this a bit when I brought up Stinnet's book.

Typical liberal demonrat.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18165
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by Fordama » Wed May 29, 2013 7:25 pm

kramer wrote:
I understand ../quote]
No, you don't. You didn't try to read and understand the bill, you just let someone lead you around like you have a ring in your nose.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by kramer » Thu May 30, 2013 10:38 am

kramer wrote:
I understand ..
Fraudama wrote: No, you don't. You didn't try to read and understand the bill,
I don't have to read it and I am not going to. A professor has read it and reported what's in it as did another reporter in a major UK newspaper that confirmed what the professor said and that is more than good enough for me. And besides, you've read it, all you have to do is post the text that you read that supports your (fraudulent?) claim.

I noticed you haven't posted this text yet. I think you can't post it because you probably just BS'd what you said about the bill. Hence my new name for you.

Fraudama wrote: you just let someone lead you around like you have a ring in your nose.

Fraudama
See above.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18165
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by Fordama » Thu May 30, 2013 11:02 am

kramer wrote: I don't have to read it and I am not going to.
Translation: "I am going to let other people tell me how to think!"

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by kramer » Thu May 30, 2013 11:10 am

Fraudama wrote: Translation: "I am going to let other people tell me how to think!"

Fraudama
Unless you can produce the text that you said you read, then what your statement above really means is: I lied when I said I read the bill and I lied when I said the bill "has to do with children who have already been placed in foster care situations or have had abusive family situations, not run-of-the-mill every day family life."


I'm waiting...
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18165
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by Fordama » Thu May 30, 2013 11:11 am

kramer wrote:
Unless you can produce the text that you said you read....
Linked it already, but you refuse to read it.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Govt. plans to give every child a state guardian from bi

Post by kramer » Thu May 30, 2013 11:26 am

kramer wrote:
Unless you can produce the text that you said you read....
Fordama wrote:Linked it already, but you refuse to read it.

Fordama
You're right, you did post the link. But you never pasted the supporting text that backs up your claims. Unless you can do this, then the only conclusion we can draw is that your are not being honest.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

Post Reply